logo logo

Home Business: Introducing the ROI-MART Formula

home business | Philippe Moisan | beproactivenow.net

I found a formula for any kind of home business.

Everybody knows what ROI means: Return On Investment.

In the past few days, I was thinking of a new way to express the need to focus on building a home business. I was thinking of time and money management. Then came the idea of managing resources, including people, websites, tools.

The ROI-MART formula came to life today:

• R = Return
  • O = On
  • I = Investment
  • M = Money
  • A = Associates
  • R = Resources
  • T = Time

To that, you can add the 6 Ps: Prior Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance. That one I heard from Brian Tracy, the well known success author and speaker.

Let’s continue with acronyms. Brian Tracy recommends planning the activities of the day. He says it’s best to do it the night before. So, we can have 6PsTNB.

In order to choose the activities that will be meet the ROI-MART formula, it’s better to define 10 objectives that you want to reach. Write down a list of all the things you want to accomplish, then choose the 10 you want to reach first.

While writing the list of all your objectives, don’t stop thinking about them. Make this a brainstorming exercise. Let your creative juices flow. Forget about what could be ridiculous. You can reject them later, while choosing the 10 most important ones.

We are not talking only about business objectives. Include every aspect of your life:

• Family
  • Social
  • Financial
  • Health
  • Spiritual
  • Material

I would say that health comes first. When health is taken care of, the rest follows. So, make these your top priorities:

• Healthy food.
  • Regular exercise, minimum 3 times a week.
  • The right amount of sleep, between 7 and 8 hours for most people.

Taking proper care of yourself helps to maintain or develop these skills:

• Patience.
  • Clarity of thinking.
  • Common sense.
  • Focus.

In this day and age, life is full of distractions. It’s hard to stay focused. According to Scott Scheper, in his book “How To Get Focused“, there is:

• Long term focus.
  • Short term focus.

Both are important.

If any part of this article makes you feel overwhelmed, it might simply be caused by cognitive distortions. These are thoughts that amplify emotions and make them difficult if not impossible to manage. Cognitive distorsions defy common sense. Learn how to deal with that with the best book on the subject, David Burns’ “Feeling Good“.

If what you want is a life coach but can’t afford one, check out Devlyn Steele’s Tools To Life site. Tools To Life is free. Read the first blog post I wrote about it here.

When you feel ready to go beyond taking ordinary control of your life, I believe one of the best books around is “Awaken The Giant Within” by Anthony Robbins.

Mastering the ROI-MART formula will take time. All you have to remember is that you probably won’t get rich in the next 30 days, whatever home business you choose to build, especially if you just started. Instead, use ROI-MART to think long term. Let’s say it takes you three years to become financially independant. If you are 70 years old, it means you could have 10, 20 or even more years to live the life you want to live. Now imagine if you are in your forties. It’s worth it to take the time to do things properly.

Building a lasting home business is hard. ROI-MART will help you work smart, and make the process exciting

I will develop the concept further in future posts.

Check this video where I show how I pronouce ROI-MART.

Be proactive now to build your home business.

bottom

18 Responses to “Home Business: Introducing the ROI-MART Formula”

1. Sean Supplee says:

Nice, ROI-MART ;) it may take time but your right on the nose here. Building solid relationships with other people on a biz level takes time but it is very rewarding. Don’t go into every conversation thinking you need to sell this person. Ask them about their day and what you can do to help them. Your sales will come naturally over time and people will look to you in a better light.
    Sean Supplee recently posted..Link Research ToolsMy Profile

• Philippe says:

Hello Sean,

I just took a shower, and I was about to go into the kitchen to eat breakfast, instead, I opened FireFox to have one last look at things, and I saw your comment.

You just made my day!

I was thinking that ROI-MART is a good thing for branding, you just confirmed my hunch is right. Thanks, my friend. :)

Philippe

2. Interesting Philippe!

Now that I see it written, it reminds me ROI – SMART :)
    Looking forward to the next explanations abt it !
    Vitoria
    Vitoria Castro recently posted..Stop Related Videos From Showing at the End of Your VideosMy Profile

• Philippe says:

Hello Vitoria,

I thought about ROI-SMART too, but I haven’t figured out what the S could stand for yet. I think I will stay with ROI-MART anyway, since I believe ROI-SMART might sound pretentious. I also want ROI-MART to become a household word like WAL-MART lol

Thanks for your feedback, you’re awesome, my friend! :)

Philippe

3. Elizabeth says:

Hi Philippe,
    ROI is very important and keeping track of it is a must if one wants to see how successful their business is developing to. I have one: If you fail to plan; then plan to fail
    Elizabeth recently posted..Google Ranking Strategies : How To Get Ranked on Page 1 of GoogleMy Profile

• Philippe says:

Hello Elizabeth,

Thanks for your feedback. I agree with what you say about planning to fail.

btw, Laura Newton highly recommended your blog post “Google Ranking Strategies: How to Get Ranked on Page 1 of Google”. I gotta check it out, she also said the video is a must see.

Philippe

4. Janet Legere says:

ROI-MART … LOVE IT! And it’s everything a person needs to focus on.
    Janet Legere recently posted..Professional Auto Responder For BusinessMy Profile

• Philippe says:

Hello Janet,

I believe I’m on to something here. I feel it!

Thanks for your feedback, somehow I knew you would like it. :)

Philippe

5. Steve Vicory says:

Philippe -

Excellent topic for all of us to consider and take to heart. I know from all my reading and self-improvement efforts that what you are saying is at the core of what we need to learn. As you know, since we share the program, Tools To Life offers a comprehensive tool box for each of us to focus on how to gain the knowledge to control each of our personal corner’s of the universe.

What you are beginning to explore here is how to take that self-knowledge and use it to our own best advantage – making the most of what God given talents and resources we have to maximize our personal ROI —

Looking forward to seeing what you write next.

Steve Vicory
    Steve Vicory recently posted..Telomeres – Cancer – Aging – Science Fact or Science FictionMy Profile

• Philippe says:

Hey Steve!

Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful comment. I’m grateful that you did, especially since I just reached the part about being grateful in Tools To Life. :)

Philippe

6. Excellent post and you are so right – I’m just as guilty of not staying focused as so many things come up that take you away from the thing that you were doing. My biggest downfall is answering my Skype messages right away as I don’t want to keep people waiting on an answer but also have found that I really lose my train of thought when I do that and it takes longer to get back to what I was doing than to just have finished and THEN answer their questions. I’m working on it – but do love your post – keep up them coming.

Nancy
    Skype: nancyradlinger

• Philippe says:

Hello Nancy,

Just like you, I get easily distracted by the attention from Skype, the notifications on APSense, Facebook, the emails saying I have new followers on Pinterest, and on and on…

I want ROI-MART to help me focus on what will give me best results, in all areas of my life.

Thanks for your comment, my friend. :)

Philippe

7. Great job Philippe!Thanks for always sharing your ideas that become so helpful to others!
    Janet

8. Xarah says:

Interesting post AND video Philippe :) looking forward reading more how you use, implement ROI-MART.
    BTW I hate lists, they don’t work for me. BUT I have found a solution: I use stickies. I can write a word are a small sentence of a task, stick it to a board and can move them around. The top 3 are the top 3 things to do today. Of course being ADD I don’t always succeed.

• Philippe says:

Hello Xarah,

Thanks for your feedback. Stickies are a good idea, I’ll keep that in mind. :)

Philippe

9. lucy says:

These are very usefull tips you have shared on best formular to plan your day activities ,I love Brian Tracey too.
    lucy recently posted..Network Marketing Team Leader.6 Key Secret Qualities Revealed.My Profile

• Philippe says:

Hello Lucy,

I’m glad you liked the post. Brian Tracy is down to earth, he won’t say that we can succeed without effort.

Philippe

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The ROI-MARTS formula for your home business: The S makes a big difference | Be Proactive Now - [...] A few days ago, I wrote the first blog post about ROI-MARTS. Actually, I called it ROI-MART. You can ...
  2. ROI-MARTS can help you find your Focal Point | Be Proactive Now - [...] ROI-MARTS formula ( see what the letters mean here ) is about finding your focal point in everything you ...
  3. ROI-MARTS What it means to be proactive now | Be Proactive Now - [...] talk about it in another post, click here to read [...]